Caryapundy tank bird hide
Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park
If you’re a keen birdwatcher, don’t miss a visit to Caryapundy tank bird hide in Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park, near Tibooburra. It’s a great place to see some amazing bird species.
Caryapundy tank bird hide is on the Caryapundy lookout south loop. Pull in at the Caryapundy tank precinct, get your binoculars and camera out and take the short walk up to the bird hide. It’s well worth the stop.
Wait patiently and you could spot large groups of gorgeous pink-eared ducks and the equally beautiful but vulnerable blue-billed ducks. Keep an eye out for small families of elegant black-winged stilts and Australasian grebes on their floating nests. See how many other species you can identify in the surrounding vegetation.
Caryapundy lookout loop drive
If you’re staying in Tibooburra and only have time for a day drive, try this return drive through Narriearra. Bring a picnic and set out on your journey through this extraordinary outback national park.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880
- in Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park in the Outback NSW region
- Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, road closures or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Historic heritage (8)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (6)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)