Bunnor bird hide
Gwydir Wetlands State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Bunnor bird hide.
Getting there and parking
Bunnor bird hide is in Gwydir Wetlands State Conservation Area, around 70km north-west of Moree.
To get there from Moree:
- Drive west on Gwydir Highway towards Collarenebri for 10km
- Turn right onto Watercourse Road and drive 60km until you reach Gwydir Wetlands State Conservation Area
- Turn right into the reserve, drive 3km, and park at the picnic area.
Road access and conditions
- High-clearance 4WD vehicles are recommended.
- Road access may be closed after wet weather. Please contact Moree Tourist Information Centre or the Narrabri office for road conditions before you visit.
- Gates to the park are locked outside opening times.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at the picnic area near the bird hide.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Canoeing and kayaking is permitted when water levels in the wetlands are high enough. You’ll need to bring your own canoe or kayak.
- Wading in the lagoon is permitted, but try not to disturb wildlife. Keep noise and splashing to a minimum.
Camping, camp fires and solid fuel burners, and gathering firewood are not permitted in Gwydir Wetlands State Conservation Area.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.