Woodford Station to Murphys Glen campground
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Woodford Station to Murphys Glen campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Woodford Station to Murphys Glen campground is between Glenbrook and Wentworth Falls, in Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
From Sydney by car:
- Head west on the M4 and Great Western Highway
- Turn onto The Appian Way before you reach Woodford and drive across the railway bridge
- Turn right on to Railway Parade and veer left on to Bedford Road
- Continue around 2km to the gate at the national park boundary (which may be locked in wet weather and fire danger) where Murphys Road begins
- From here, it’s around 3km to the carpark which has a locked gate.
- From the carpark, walk 1km past the locked gate and down the road, taking the left hand branch at the bottom.
From Woodford Station by bike:
- From the train station exit south to Railway Parade and turn left.
- After 100m turn right on Redford Rd and ride around 2km to the gate at the national park boundary (which may be locked in wet weather and fire danger).
- From here, it’s around 4km to Murphys Glen campground. Bikes are permitted past the locked gate.
Check conditions before you set out. While 2WD vehicles can access the carpark 1km from the campground, a 4WD is recommended because natural surface road conditions can vary. especially after rain.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available along Murphys fire trail, near Murphys Glen campground.
- Toilets are located at Murphys Glen campground.
- There are no bins so you'll need to take your rubbish with you.
Maps and downloads
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at the Bruce Road entrance to the Glenbrook area. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass