Wentworth Falls to McMahons Point
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wentworth Falls to McMahons Point.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
McMahons Point is located at the end of Kings Tableland Road in the Wentworth Falls area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- From Sydney, take the Great Western Highway towards Wentworth Falls
- Turn left on to Tableland Road around 2km south-east of Wentworth Falls town centre
- Continue 4km to the v-junction with Kedumba Valley Road, at Old Queen Victoria Hospital
- Keep left at the junction, on to Kings Tableland Road
- Follow around 21km to the end of the road, where you’ll reach McMahons Point carpark.
While 2WD vehicles can access Kings Tableland Road in dry weather, 4WD vehicles are recommended, especially after rain. The unsealed road may be boggy and potholed.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 4WD required in wet weather
Limited car parking is available at McMahons Point, at the end of Kings Tableland Road. If you’re cycling, you can park near Old Queen Victoria Hospital, then cycle 21km to McMahons Point.
The start of this route, at Old Queen Victoria Hospital, is around 7.5km bike ride from Wentworth Falls Station.
You’ll find limited parking, a non-flush toilet, and picnic tables at McMahons Point, located at the end of Kings Tableland Road.
Maps and downloads
You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves for cooking, especially in summer during the fire season.
Please note that access beyond the lookout is prohibited as this is a Schedule 1 protected water catchment area with access restrictions.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785