4WD Oberon Colong historic stock route
Southern Blue Mountains area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about 4WD Oberon Colong historic stock route.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
4WD Oberon Colong historic stock route is in the Southern Blue Mountains area of Blue Mountains National Park, bordered by Kanangra-Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which leads onto Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong Oberon historic stock route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Regional Park.
Park entry points
- Colong Oberon historic stock route See on map
Road access, conditions and restrictions
- Restricted access: There’s no direct access to Southern Blue Mountains area or Yerranderie through the Burragorang Valley from East Picton or Oakdale. This is a Schedule 1 protected water catchment with access restrictions. If you’re using GPS or online mapping, please enter Oberon or Goulburn as your destination to avoid navigational issues.
- In wet weather, check conditions or closures with Oberon office.
- Watch for kangaroos, wombats and fallen trees on the Oberon Colong stock route. Keep speed down to avoid accidents and punctures.
- Unsealed road. Suitable for 2WD vehicles.
- Unsealed roads
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Oberon office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6336 6200
- 38 Ross Street, Oberon NSW 2787