School excursionSpecial Offer
Strategic planning meeting
Stage 6 (Years 11-12), Geography, Thredbo-Perisher area
Strategic planning meeting is a Stage 6 (Years 11-12) school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park, which focuses on geography as a KLA. As soil scientists, geomorphologists, hydrologists, climatologists, botanists, biologists, historians, pest species officers, park planners or legal advisers, students work together gathering information from a variety of sources to give a presentation on the impacts of a hypothetical ski resort.
Read more about Strategic planning meeting
Geography: Ecosystems at risk; Biophysical interactions
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 6 (Years 11-12)|
P9. Uses maps, graphs and statistics, photographs and fieldwork to conduct geographical inquiries.
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Easy. Discovery ranger guided indoor activity.
$150 per group for up to 25 students (includes GST). For groups over 25 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Kosciuszko Road at Sawpit Creek, 14kms from Jindabyne towards Perisher.
- Yes. Worksheets and all research resources.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass