School excursionSpecial Offer
A local ecosystem Minnamurra
Stage 6 (Years 11-12), Biology, Budderoo National Park
This excursion experience has been updated and is now being delivered in line with the new NSW Department of Education Curriculum. We will be revising this excursion's name and information online soon. Contact your local national parks office for more information about the updated excursion.
Read more about A local ecosystem Minnamurra
Explore Minnamurra Rainforest in Budderoo National Park during a case study of a local ecosystem for biology Stage 6 (Years 11-12) students. Investigate the biotic and abiotic features, the cycling of materials, human interactions and management of human impacts on the ecosystem.
Budderoo National Park offers visitors a rare opportunity to view rainforest that once covered vast areas of the Illawarra region. Minnamurra Rainforest is particularly special because of its diversity of rainforests types, and the range of wildlife that exists within a relatively small area.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 6 (Years 11-12)|
|Key learning area||Biology|
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2-5 hr
- Easy. Fieldwork in the sample area and along the Rainforest Loop walk.
$500 per group for up to 25 students, $20 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass