School excursionSpecial Offer
Rainforest ecosystems - Minnamurra
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Science, Budderoo National Park
Rainforest ecosystems is a Stage 5 (Years 9-10) school excursion in Budderoo National Park which focuses on science. You'll investigate the biotic and abiotic features of Minnamurra rainforest, the cycling of materials and human interactions.
Read more about Rainforest ecosystems - Minnamurra
Students will then learn about what is done to manage human impacts on this ecosystem.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
SC5-14LW. Analyses interactions between components and processes within biological systems
SC5-15LW. Explains how biological understanding has advanced through scientific discoveries, technological developments and the needs of society
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- 1hr 45min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass