School excursionSpecial Offer
La Perouse Museum
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), History, La Perouse area
La Perouse Museum is a Stage 5 (Years 9-10) school excursion in Kamay Botany Bay National Park, which focuses on history as a KLA. On 26 January 1788, the French explorer La Perouse arrived in Botany Bay, six days after the First Fleet. It was to be the last port of call before the expedition vanished forever.
Read more about La Perouse Museum
Housed in the historic Cable Station building, many relics and artefacts retell this fascinating tale.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
|Key learning area||History|
- Guided. Available on request.
- La Perouse Museum, La Perouse area
- 1hr 30min
Minimum $325 for up to 25 students, $13 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- La Perouse Museum.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney Harbour
- 02 9668 2006
- 02 9337 7012
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March.
7am–7.30pm April to October.
La Perouse park entry gate closed to vehicles between 7pm and 5am all year.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass