School excursionSpecial Offer
Kosciuszko trivia quiz
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Geography, Thredbo-Perisher area
Kosciuszko trivia quiz is a competitive and fun school excursion for Stage 5 (Years 9-10) students in Kosciuszko National Park which focuses on geography. Trivia prizes for the team of students that has the most correct answers in the shortest time. Learn about the natural and cultural heritage of the park from the Centre's displays and the 'Spirit of the Snowy Mountains' video.
Read more about Kosciuszko trivia quiz
This program is also suitable for Science and Technology.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
|Key learning area||Geography|
GE5-5. Assesses management strategies for places and environments for their sustainability
GE5-7. Acquires and processes geographical information by selecting and using appropriate and relevant geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Thredbo-Perisher area
- 1hr 30min
- Easy. Discovery ranger guided indoor activity.
$4.50 per student. Minimum booking fees apply.
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Kosciuszko Road at Sawpit Creek, 14kms from Jindabyne towards Perisher.
- Yes. All equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass