School excursionSpecial Offer
Issues in Australian rainforests- Minnamurra
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Geography, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Issues in Australian rainforests is a school excursion for Stage 5 (Years 9-10) students in Budderoo National Park focusing on geography. Students will investigate a range of geographical issues relating to Minnamurra Rainforest, such as land and water management, biodiversity and tourism; and explore how these issues are managed.
Read more about Issues in Australian rainforests- Minnamurra
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
GE5-2. Explains processes and influences that form and transform places and environments
GE5-4. Accounts for perspectives of people and organisations on a range of geographical issues
GE5-5. Assesses management strategies for places and environments for their sustainability
GE5-7. Acquires and processes geographical information by selecting and using appropriate and relevant geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 1hr 45min
- Easy. Presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass