School excursionSpecial Offer
Environmental change and management at Minnamurra
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Geography, Budderoo National Park
Experience the magic of the rainforest in this Stage 5 (Years 9-10) geography excursion at Minnamurra Rainforest. Students will acquire new fieldwork skills as we investigate the environmental use and management of the rainforest.
Read more about Environmental change and management at Minnamurra
This Stage 5 excursion in Budderoo National Park will help students develop an understanding of how Minnamurra Rainforest functions. Students will investigate a range of geographical issues relating to the rainforest, such as land and water catchment management, biodiversity and tourism.
Students will come away with a first-hand insight into the sustainable management of this precious environment.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
GE5-2. Explains processes and influences that form and transform places and environments
GE5-3. Analyses the effect of interactions and connections between people, places and environments
GE5-4. Accounts for perspectives of people and organisations on a range of geographical issues
GE5-5. Assesses management strategies for places and environments for their sustainability
GE5-7. Acquires and processes geographical information by selecting and using appropriate and relevant geographical tools for inquiry
Key inquiry questions:
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $350 per group for up to 25 students, $14 per student (includes GST)
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass