Coastal and catchment management
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Geography, Tomaree National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Coastal and catchment management.
What to bring
Please wear fully enclosed shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen, wet weather gear, and lunch which should be low waste with a refillable water bottle. Students should bring gear in a backpack or similar (not plastic bags).
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Tomaree National Park is easily accessible from Nelson Bay and Anna Bay. It surrounds the towns of Boat Harbour, Shoal Bay and Fingal Bay.
- Take the Pacific Highway from Newcastle or Buladelah, turn east into Richardson Road and continue along Nelson Bay Road.
- For Anna Bay and Boat Harbour, turn right into Gan Gan Road
- For Shoal Bay and Fingal Bay, continue along Stockton Street before turning right into Victoria Parade. Continue along Shoal Bay Road which becomes Government Road and then Marine Drive.
Park entry points
- Fingal Beach Surf Life Saving Club See on map
- Tomaree Crescent access See on map
- Tomaree Head carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
Maps and downloads
Risk assessment and risk benefits
Our rangers and guides have the technical skill and experience to assess the risks and the benefits of a variety of activities delivered as part of our learning programs.
We believe in including opportunities that allow students to learn and experience for themselves through exploration in the natural environment.
Please make your own risk assessment based on the information provided. Detailed potential risks and controls are provided for the site to assist teachers in risk management planning. Teachers and carers should be aware of, and consider the needs, abilities and medical conditions of students when visiting this site. The supervision of students remains the responsibility of the teacher. The school must ensure an adequate number of adult supervisors are present.
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Please let us know in advance if you are bringing someone with special needs so that we can plan accordingly.