School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Geography, Bongil Bongil National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Bush tucker is a school excursion in Bongil Bongil National Park for Stage 5 (Years 9-10) students focusing on geography as a KLA. Join our Aboriginal Discovery rangers for an easy stroll along the forested banks of Bonville Creek to investigate the rich diversity of plants and animals in the park.
Read more about Bush tucker
Learn about the fascinating bush tucker and useful natural medicines that have made the estuarine environments of Bongil Bongil National Park a significant resource for local Gumbaynggirr Aboriginal people. Students will also learn about the cultural practices of 'Caring for Country'.
Geography: Issues in Australian Environments
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 5 (Years 9-10)|
- Guided. Available on request.
- Bongil Bongil National Park in North Coast
$275 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. Maximum 2 groups.
- Meeting point
- Bongil Bongil picnic area, 15 minutes south of Coffs Harbour via Williams Road.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - North Coast
- 02 6657 5935
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.