School excursionSpecial Offer
Aboriginal culture: Expanding contacts
Stage 4 (Years 7-8), History, La Perouse area
Aboriginal culture expanding contacts in Kamay Botany Bay National Park is a Stage 4 (Years 7-8) school excursion which focuses on history as a KLA. Embark on a learning journey of Aboriginal culture from pre-colonisation to now.
Read more about Aboriginal culture: Expanding contacts
Students will learn through a variety of fun, interactive activities and talks by an experienced Aboriginal Discovery ranger.
History: Aboriginal and indigenous peoples, colonisation and contact history (expanding contacts).
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 4 (Years 7-8)|
|Key learning area||History|
Weekdays during school term.
- La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- Medium. Guided activities in a suburban national park on grass and along formed and uneven walking tracks.
Minimum $550 for up to 25 students, $22 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- La Perouse Museum.
- No. All equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney Harbour
- 02 9668 2006
- 02 9337 7012
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March.
7am–7.30pm April to October.
La Perouse park entry gate closed to vehicles between 7pm and 5am all year.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass