School excursionSpecial Offer
Landscapes and landforms at Minnamurra Rainforest
Stage 4 (Years 7-8), Geography, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Join us at beautiful Minnamurra Rainforest for this Stage 4 (Years 7-8) geography excursion. Students will observe and record the diversity of landscapes and landforms, and participate in fieldwork data collection.
Read more about Landscapes and landforms at Minnamurra Rainforest
This Stage 4 excursion in Budderoo National Park will help students understand how Minnamurra Rainforest functions. Students will explore the various features of this natural landscape and examine the processes that create these landscapes and landforms.
Students will discuss the management and protection of the rainforest and the role of NSW National Parks in its sustainable management.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 4 (Years 7-8)|
GE4-1. Locates and describes the diverse features and characteristics of a range of places and environments
GE4-2. Describes processes and influences that form and transform places and environments
GE4-4. Examines perspectives of people and organisations on a range of geographical issues
GE4-5. Discusses management of places and environments for their sustainability
GE4-7. Acquires and processes geographical information by selecting and using geographical tools for inquiry
GE4-8. Communicates geographical information using a variety of strategies
Key inquiry questions:
Weekdays during school term.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $350 per group for up to 25 students, $14 per student (includes GST).
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass