School excursionSpecial Offer
Geography of Homestead Bend
Stage 4 (Years 7-8), Geography, Kinchega National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Geography of Homestead Bend in Kinchega National Park is a school excursion for Stage 4 (Years 7-8) students focusing on geography. Learn how the Homestead Billabong was formed and how the environment changes as it leaves the Darling River.
Read more about Geography of Homestead Bend
See Aboriginal occupation sites in Kinchega National Park, and the ruins of the Old Kinchega Homestead, and interpret how and why both the Aboriginal people and early pastoralists lived here.
The Old Kinchega Homestead precinct is a favourite for school groups with Aboriginal Heritage and Pastoral Heritage within a short walk of the car park.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 4 (Years 7-8)|
GE4-4. Examines perspectives of people and organisations on a range of geographical issues
GE4-5. Discusses management of places and environments for their sustainability
GE4-7. Acquires and processes geographical information by selecting and using geographical tools for inquiry
- Guided. Available on request.
- Old Kinchega Homestead, Kinchega National Park
- Medium. Some short steep sections.
$5 per student.
- Meeting point
- Campsite 34 on the Darling River.
- Yes. Workbooks are provided. Students will need a pencil, a ruler and a clipboard to lean on as well as a simple calcuator.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Broken Hill
- 08 8080 3200
- 183 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW
- in Kinchega National Park in the Outback NSW region
Kinchega National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has a pay and display envelope payment system - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass