Stage 3 (Years 5-6), Science and Technology, Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Kosciuszko gameshow.
- Introduction to staff , Centre and program
- Students record answers to their work sheets
- Students compete in the Kosciuszko Gameshow
- Introduction to the Kosciarium activities
- Students explore the Kosciarium displays
What to bring
We recommend everyone wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Getting there and parking
Kosciuszko Education Centre is in the alpine area of Kosciuszko National Park, close to Perisher. To get there from Jindabyne:
- Drive along Kosciuszko Road from Jindabyne towards Perisher Valley
- The education centre is around 12km from Jindabyne
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Car, bus and off-street parking is available.
Maps and downloads
Risk assessment and risk benefits
Our rangers and guides have the technical skill and experience to assess the risks and the benefits of a variety of activities delivered as part of our learning programs.
We believe in including opportunities that allow students to learn and experience for themselves through exploration in the natural environment.
Please make your own risk assessment based on the information provided. Detailed potential risks and controls are provided for the site to assist teachers in risk management planning. Teachers and carers should be aware of, and consider the needs, abilities and medical conditions of students when visiting this site. The supervision of students remains the responsibility of the teacher. The school must ensure an adequate number of adult supervisors are present.
Disability access level - easy
The lecture room, car park, picnic area, displays and toilets are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know in advance if you are bringing someone with special needs so that we can plan accordingly.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass