School excursionSpecial Offer
Explore the Kosciarium
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), Geography, Thredbo-Perisher area
Explore the Kosciarium school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park focuses on Geography for Stage 3 (Years 5-6) students. Explore the hands-on, interactive displays in the Kosciarium and watch the 'Spirit of the Snowy Mountains' video featuring the natural and cultural heritage of the Australian Alps.
Read more about Explore the Kosciarium
This indoor program is ideal for schools visiting the park in winter for a short excursion and snow play. Students will meet a park ranger and learn about the special animals landscapes in the park.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
GE3-1. Describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environments
GE3-2. Explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments
GE3-3. Compares and contrasts influences on the management of places and environments
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Easy. Discovery ranger guided indoor activity.
$5.00 per student (minimum fees apply)
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Single and Multi-Day passes are also available via the Park'nPay app. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter).
Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc). Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information.Buy annual pass