School excursionSpecial Offer
Investigating rainforests at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), HSIE, Budderoo National Park
Investigating rainforests is a school excursion in Budderoo National Park for Stage 3 (Years 5-6) students focusing on HSIE. Experience a true rainforest with buttressed trees, strangler figs, hanging vines, epiphytic orchids and ferns and learn about the animals and other living things that depend on the forest.
Read more about Investigating rainforests at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Explore and investigate what makes a rainforest special and the connections to other rainforest, environments and people.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE3-1. Describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environments
GE3-2. Explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments
GE3-3. Compares and contrasts influences on the management of places and environments
GE3-4. Acquires, processes and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 1hr 45min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass