School excursionSpecial Offer
Factors that shape places at Minnamurra Rainforest
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), Geography, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Experience the immersive magic of the rainforest in this Stage 3 (Years 5-6) geography excursion at Minnamurra Rainforest. Students will explore the rainforest and learn how it is managed for people and the environment.
Read more about Factors that shape places at Minnamurra Rainforest
Through fun activities, students will connect deeply with their environment and learn about its significance within a broad geographical context. Students will explore how humans have influenced the rainforest over time, while examining the diverse features and characteristics of this ecosystem.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
GE3-1. Describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environments
GE3-2. Explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments
GE3-3. Compares and contrasts influences on the management of places and environments
GE3-4. Acquires, processes and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Key inquiry questions:
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $350 per group for up to 25 students, $14 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass