School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), HSIE, Arakoon National Park
Help unlock mysteries of the past while exploring historic Trial Bay Gaol from top to bottom. Who were the prisoners were and where did they came from? What crimes did they commit to deserve their punishment and what work they carry out in captivity? This Stage 3 (Years 5-6) school excursion to Arakoon National Park focuses on HSIE.
Read more about Heritage detectives
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
HT3-2. Describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia over time
HT3-5. Applies a variety of skills of historical inquiry and communication
Available on weekdays during school term.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Easy. Tracks and paths not suitable for most wheelchairs. If you have someone with special needs, please let us know in advance so that we can plan ahead.
$260 per group, which includes Gaol admission and your own ranger guide. Price includes GST. Max 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Main gates of Trial Bay Gaol.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Port Macquarie
- 02 6588 5519
- NPWS Manning - Hastings Area Office, 22 Blackbutt Rd Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Arakoon National Park in the North Coast region
Arakoon National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.