School excursionSpecial Offer
Explore the Kosciarium
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), HSIE, Thredbo-Perisher area
Explore the Kosciarium is a school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park for Stage 3 (Years 5-6) students focusing on HSIE as a KLA. Explore the hands-on, interactive displays in the Kosciarium and watch the 'Spirit of the Snowy Mountains' video, featuring the natural and cultural heritage of the Australian Alps.
Read more about Explore the Kosciarium
HSIE: Global Environments; Identity and Values
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
ENS3.5. Demonstrates an understanding of the interconnectedness between Australia and global environments and how individuals and groups can act in an ecologically responsible manner.
ENS3.6. Explains how various beliefs and practices influence the ways in which people interact with, change and value their environment.
CCS3.1. Explains the significance of particular people, places, groups, actions and events in the past in developing Australian identities and heritage.
CUS3.3. Describes different cultural influences and their contribution to Australian identities.
SSS3.7. Describes how Australian people, systems and communities are globally interconnected and recognises global responsibilities.
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Thredbo-Perisher area
- Easy. Discovery ranger guided indoor activity.
$4.50 per student (minimum booking fees apply).
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass