School excursionSpecial Offer
Living with fire
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), Geography, Blackheath area
Learn about fire and how it is managed in the Blue Mountains National Park in Living with fire, a Stage 3 (Years 5-6) geography excursion.
Read more about Living with fire
Students will learn about fire and its impact on people, nature and the landscape as they explore the majestic surroundings of Blue Mountains National Park. This excursion is designed to support the Factors that Shape Places syllabus topic.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
GE3-1. Describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environments
GE3-2. Explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments
GE3-3. Compares and contrasts influences on the management of places and environments
GE3-4. Acquires, processes and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Students will learn to identify:
Monday to Friday during school term.
- Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park in Sydney and surrounds, Country NSW
- Minimum 2 hr
Prices start from $395 incl GST per group (up to 20 students).
- Meeting point
- Blackheath: Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath
- Other locations by request
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Blue Mountains
- 02 4784 7301 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.