School excursionSpecial Offer
Wild world of whales
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), HSIE, Awabakal Nature Reserve
Wild world of whales is a school excursion for Stage 3 (Years 5-6) students focusing on HSIE as a KLA. Explore the open forest and coastal heath communities of Awabakal Nature Reserve as you journey to the lookout to spot migrating whales. Learn about the different types of whales, how they live and why they migrate.
Read more about Wild world of whales
COG: Living land.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
Weekdays June to October.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Awabakal Nature Reserve in North Coast
- Medium. Guided activities in a suburban National park, on formed and uneven bush walking tracks and along sandy tracks.
$225 per group (includes GST). Max 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Awabakal Environmental Education Centre, 51 Boundary Rd, Dudley.
- Yes. All equipment is provided. Please bring binoculars if you have them.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.