School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Science and Technology, Thredbo-Perisher area
Come on a WilderQuest WildTracker excursion designed for Stage 2 students focusing on science and technology. Carry out investigations to explore the living world in Kosciuszko National Park.
Read more about WilderQuest WildTracker
Find out about some of the relationships between plants and animals and look for evidence that can lead to more questions and predictions. National Parks and Wildlife Service guides will help you identify some amazing wildlife living in the area and together you can discover what they need to survive and how they are protected.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||Science and Technology|
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Thredbo-Perisher area
- Medium. Guided walk and activities along a bush track. Activities amongst leaf litter and in a grassed area.
- $340 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass