School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Science and Technology, Glenrock State Conservation Area
Come on a WilderQuest WildTracker excursion for Stage 2 (Years 3-4) students focusing on science and technology. Carry out investigations to explore the living world in this beautiful part of Glenrock State Conservation Area.
Read more about WilderQuest WildTracker
Find out about some of the relationships between plants and animals and look for evidence that can lead to more questions and predictions. National Parks and Wildlife Service guides will help you identify some amazing wildlife living in the area and together you can discover what they need to survive and how they are protected.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||Science and Technology|
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Yuelarbah walking track, Glenrock State Conservation Area
- Medium. Guided walk along a partly sealed wheelchair friendly walking path. Activities amongst leaf litter and on a flat rock shelf beside a small stream.
- $300 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Yuelarbah carpark on Burwood Road, Kahibah
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.