School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Sydney Harbour National Park
This school excursion in Sydney Harbour National Park is for Stage 2 (Years 3-4) students and focuses on HSIE. Walk down the track to Reef Beach with an Aboriginal ranger to hear about the cultural history of the area and learn about the European history of surrounding sites.
Read more about Who's Arabanoo?
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
HT2-2. Describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
HT2-3. Describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
Weekdays (all year).
- Guided. Available on request.
- Arabanoo lookout at Dobroyd Head, Sydney Harbour National Park
- Medium. Discovery guided activities on paved surfaces and uneven grassed surfaces
Minimum $375 for up to 25 students, $15 per student (includes GST)
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Meet at Arabanoo lookout on Dobroyd Scenic Drive, Balgowlah.
- Yes. All field equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney Harbour
- 02 9668 2006
- 02 9337 7012
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes not valid for landing fees.Buy annual pass