School excursionSpecial Offer
What is a national park? Minnamurra Rainforest
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
This excursion experience has been updated and is now being delivered in line with the new NSW Department of Education Curriculum. We will be revising this excursion's name and information online soon. Contact your local national parks office for more information about the updated excursion.
Read more about What is a national park? Minnamurra Rainforest
Come explore a rare remnant of rainforest that once covered the Illawarra region on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) excursion focused on HSIE at Minnamurra Rainforest in Budderoo National Park. Investigate the ways in which people interact with this special environment, and understand why this land is a national park and why we care need to for it.
This location offers visitors a rare opportunity to view rainforest that once covered vast areas of the Illawarra region. Minnamurra Rainforest is particularly special because of its diversity of rainforests types, and the range of wildlife that exists within a relatively small area.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Week days during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 1hr 45min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass