School excursionSpecial Offer
Protecting a rainforest environment - Minnamurra
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Budderoo National Park
Protecting a rainforest environment – Minnamurra is a Stage 2 (Years 3–4) school excursion in Budderoo National Park, focusing on HSIE Geography outcomes. Students experience the wonders of the rainforest, use maps and collect fieldwork data.
Read more about Protecting a rainforest environment - Minnamurra
This excursion in Minnamurra Rainforest supports the study of The Earths’ Environment and Places are Similar and Different. This time spent in nature and learning outdoors gives primary school students a rich, immersive and positive experience. It develops students' skills and creates lifelong connections and memories for them.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Week days during school terms
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Students progress along a path and board walk. Activities are along the walk, in picnic areas and the edges of the forest.
- Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass