School excursionSpecial Offer
Protecting a rainforest environment: Minnamurra
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Budderoo National Park
Join us as we explore the earth’s environment on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) geography excursion at Minnamurra Rainforest in Budderoo National Park. Students will investigate the rainforest's climate, natural vegetation and native animals.
Read more about Protecting a rainforest environment: Minnamurra
There are many opportunities for students to experience the wonders of Minnamurra Rainforest on this school excursion in Budderoo National Park. Students will go on a guided rainforest walk and take part in sensory activities. They'll collect field work data in the rainforest and during a bug hunt. As they explore, they'll identify sustainable practices while considering the significance of the rainforest.
This excursion has been designed to support the K-10 Earth’s Environment geography syllabus.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage 2 (Years 3-4)
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Key inquiry questions:
Weekdays during school terms
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Students progress along a path and board walk. Activities are along the walk, in picnic areas and the edges of the forest.
Minimum $350 per group for up to 25 students, $14 per student (includes GST).
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass