School excursionSpecial Offer
Crossing the Blue Mountains
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Blue Mountains National Park
Crossing the Blue Mountains is a Stage 2 (Years 3-4) school excursion focusing on HSIE. Students will be immersed in Australian colonial history with stories of the early explorers and the physical evidence of Cox's Road, on this historically significant Blue Mountains walk.
Read more about Crossing the Blue Mountains
Students will explore the original road made by Cox and his convict men that first crossed the Blue Mountains in 1814, and hear about the first attempts made by European explorers to cross the Blue Mountains and the successful crossing by Blaxland, Wentworth and Lawson.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
HT2-2. Describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
HT2-4. Describes and explains effects of British colonisation in Australia
HT2-5. Applies skills of historical inquiry and communication
Monday to Friday during school term.
- Minimum 2 hr
- Easy. Short 1km ranger-guided bush walk and activities, includes uneven surfaces in the bushland environment.
Prices start from $395 incl GST per group (up to 20 students).
- Meeting point
- Mount York Lookout.
- No. We can provide teachers a selection of student worksheet questions prior to excursion.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Blue Mountains
- 02 4784 7301 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- in Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and Country NSW regions
Blue Mountains National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. Some parts of the park close overnight; details are provided for specific attractions.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass