School excursionSpecial Offer
Mystery of the bush banquet
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Thredbo-Perisher area
Mystery of the bush banquet is a Stage 2 (Years 3-4) school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park, which focuses on HSIE as a KLA. You'll get a partly coded invitation to a bush banquet, and participate in sensory awareness activities and games to understand how energy flows through food chains. Each activity gives a clue to help you crack the coded message on the invitation.
Read more about Mystery of the bush banquet
HSIE: Australia You're Standing in It! or State and National Parks
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
ENS2.5. Describes places in the local area and other parts of Australia and explains their significance.
ENS2.6. Describes people's interactions with environments and identifies responsible ways of interacting with environments.
Weekdays October to May.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Thredbo-Perisher area
- Easy. Short walk on and off tracks (4km return). Environmental games are in a picnic area.
$300 per group for up to 25 students (includes GST). For groups over 25 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Kosciuszko Road at Sawpit Creek, 14kms from Jindabyne towards Perisher
- Yes. All environmental games equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass