Sensing the rainforest
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Sea Acres National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Sensing the rainforest.
- Meet at Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
- Welcome, acknowledgement of Country and safety briefing
- Walk 1.3km along a boardwalk
- Interpretation by NPWS guide summarising the main natural and human impacts which put the ecosystem at risk
- Interpretation of rainforest features through various sensing games along the track
- Return to the rainforest centre for lunch and bus pickup
- Farewell and depart
What to bring
Please wear long pants, closed comfortable shoes and bring a hat and sunscreen. Be ready for all weather conditions with a jumper and raincoat. And remember to bring food and any necessary medications.
It’s a good idea to pack your belongings in a backpack rather than a plastic bag because we have some curious birds who may try to break in and share your lunch with you.
Getting there and parking
Sea Acres Rainforest Centre is located at the entry to Sea Acres National Park. To get there:
- From Port Macquarie, head south along Pacific Drive.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre is on the left just after Shelly Beach Road
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Sea Acres Rainforest Centre in a bitumen carpark, including 2 accessible parking spots.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.