School excursionSpecial Offer
The earth's environment at Audley
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Royal National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Join us on this immersive Stage 2 (Years 3-4) geography excursion in Australia's first national park: Royal National Park. We'll explore the beautiful natural environment at Audley, and examine the diverse life found here.
Read more about The earth's environment at Audley
We'll discuss some of the important historical and protected cultural sites that exist here, and why these are so significant. Students will learn how people – both past and present – have connected with the environment here.
Our guide will share how the NPWS team conserve and protect the natural environment at Royal National Park. Students will come away with an understanding of the many roles that exist and what some of this important work entails.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Week days during school term.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Royal National Park in Sydney and surrounds, South Coast
- Easy. Guided activities in a shaded amphitheatre, a bushwalk through woodland which includes stairs. Activities on grass and in bushland near a river.
$20 per student for groups of 25 or more. Includes park entry fees, NPWS guide fees and GST. For smaller groups, conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the carpark of Royal National Park area office, 159 Farnell Avenue, Audley Heights.
- Yes. All equipment provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0615
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There are also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes or you can pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass