School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Glenrock State Conservation Area
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Experience Glenrock State Conservation Area through the eyes of an Aboriginal person on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) Aboriginal culture geography excursion. Through first-hand experiences, you'll learn about the culture of the Awabakal People.
Read more about Aboriginal culture
Glenrock State Conservation Area is located 10 minutes’ drive from the Newcastle CBD and protects numerous historic and Aboriginal sites. By listening to local knowledge and Dreamtime stories, students will come to understand why this place is important to the Awakabal People. They'll walk Yuelarbah track, an ancient Aboriginal pathway to Burwood Beach, and discover the connections that the Awabakal People have to the land, sea and animals of this place.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Glenrock State Conservation Area
- Medium. Guided activities in a suburban national park, on formed and uneven bushwalking tracks, up a flight of stairs, along a beach and on a grassed picnic area.
$380 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Glenrock State Conservation Area, Burwood Road carpark, Dudley.
- Yes. All equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4927 3267
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.