School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Brisbane Water National Park
Bring your students to this unique excursion in Brisbane Water National Park, near Gosford. They’ll experience the park through the eyes of an Aboriginal person on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) Aboriginal culture Geography excursion.
Read more about Aboriginal culture
Students will learn about First Nations people, their connection to country and the impact of European settlement on the area. They'll engage with Aboriginal culture through fun learning activities. They’ll hear Dreamtime stories and will investigate the connections that First Nations people have to this place.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
Weekdays during school term.
- Medium. There are uneven surfaces, steps and undulating areas.
$225 per class (maximum of 30 students per class).
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Girrakool picnic area
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4927 3267
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins, or you can pay via the Park'nPay app.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass