School excursionSpecial Offer
Living world wet and dry environments
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Royal National Park
Come and explore the Living World with us on this Stage 1 (Years 1-2) Science and Technology at Bonnie Vale in the Royal National Park. Students will explore both wet and dry environments and learn the importance of plant and animal habitat.
Read more about Living world wet and dry environments
Students will explore the living world around Bonnie Vale. They'll investigate how and why animals and plants support each other in this unique mangrove environment. They'll also learn about the importance of estuarine environments and compare the wet mangrove estuary with the neighbouring dry woodland environment.
Through exploring the natural world, students will learn about living things, how they change, reproduce and their different habitats.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
ST1-4LW-S. Describes observable features of living things and their environments
ST1-2DP-T. Uses materials, tools and equipment to develop solutions for a need or opportunity
ST1-1WS-S. Observes, questions and collects data to communicate and compare ideas and comparing what they and others know
Weekdays during school term.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Easy. Guided activities in a camping area, on a bush track, on grass, on the beach, next to and wading in shallow water.
Student $20 per person. Includes GST, guide and park entry fees. For groups under 25 students, use the 'Enquire now' link.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Bonnie Vale picnic area approximately 100m along Sea Breeze Lane
- Yes. All field equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0615
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass