School excursionSpecial Offer
Living world wet and dry environments
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Royal National Park
This Stage 1 excursion in Royal National Park, southern Sydney, gives students first-hand experience exploring the living world. It aligns with the Science and Technology K-6 Syllabus.
Read more about Living world wet and dry environments
Explore the living world around Bonnie Vale picnic area. Investigate and examine how and why animals and plants live and support each other in this unique mangrove environment. Explore this natural world to learn about the habitat of living things and how they change and reproduce.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Key learning area||Science and Technology|
ST1-4LW-S. Describes observable features of living things and their environments
ST1-2DP-T. Uses materials, tools and equipment to develop solutions for a need or opportunity
ST1-1WS-S. Observes, questions and collects data to communicate and compare ideas and comparing what they and others know
Weekdays during school term.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Royal National Park
- Easy. Guided activities in a camping area, on a bush track, on grass, on the beach, next to and wading in shallow water.
Student $20 per person. Includes GST, guide and park entry fees. For groups under 25 students, use the 'Enquire now' link.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Bonnie Vale picnic area approximately 100m along Sea Breeze Lane
- Yes. All field equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0649
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass