School excursionSpecial Offer
WildThings at Audley
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Royal National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Discover WildThings in Royal National Park on this Stage 1 (Years 1-2) science and technology excursion. Together we'll examine the unique mangrove environment and the abundance of life it supports. Exploring the living world has never been more fun.
Read more about WildThings at Audley
Students will bushwalk along Honeymoon track at Audley. Here we'll get an up-close look at diverse plant and animal habitats. We'll share in a scavenger hunt, search for minibeasts and construct the habitat of a chosen animal.
This is an action-packed excursion for enquiring minds in Australia's first national park, Royal National Park.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
ST1-4LW-S. Describes observable features of living things and their environments
ST1-2DP-T. Uses materials, tools and equipment to develop solutions for a need or opportunity
ST1-1WS-S. Observes, questions and collects data to communicate and compare ideas and comparing what they and others know
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Royal National Park
- Medium. Includes guided activities in a shaded amphitheatre and a bushwalk through woodland, which includes stairs. Activities happen on grass and in bushland near the river.
$20 per student for groups of 25 or more. GST included. For smaller groups conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the carpark of the NSW National Parks Royal National Park area office, 159 Farnell Avenue, Audley Heights (on the left, 100m past the park entrance). The bus will need to drop in at the Royal National Park area office to pick up your guide and then drive the group to the Audley Weir area.
- Yes. All equipment provided.
- If you would like to organise a NSW National Parks school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire now' link for the online form
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0649
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass