School excursionSpecial Offer
WildThings at Audley
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Royal National Park
Discover 'wild things' on this Stage 1 (Years 1-2) science and technology excursion. We'll explore the beautiful natural environment at Audley, and examine the diverse life found there. Interacting with the living world has never been more fun.
Read more about WildThings at Audley
Students will enjoy a short bushwalk at Audley, and get a close-up look at diverse plant and animal habitats. They'll search for mini-beasts, test their senses and construct a habitat of a chosen animal out of natural materials. During our preserved animals talk, students will also get a chance to view some native and introduced species that are found in the Royal National Park.
This is an action-packed excursion for enquiring minds in Australia's first national park – Royal National Park.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
ST1-4LW-S. Describes observable features of living things and their environments
ST1-2DP-T. Uses materials, tools and equipment to develop solutions for a need or opportunity
ST1-1WS-S. Observes, questions and collects data to communicate and compare ideas and comparing what they and others know
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Easy. Includes guided activities in a shaded amphitheatre and a bushwalk through woodland, which includes stairs. Activities happen on grass and in bushland near the river.
$20 per student for groups of 25 or more. GST included. For smaller groups conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- There are two options for this excursion. If your class is completing the Honeymoon track as part of the excursion, please meet at the carpark of Royal Area Office, 159 Farnell Avenue, Audley Heights. Otherwise, please follow Farnell Avenue down the hill to Audley Road, cross the weir and turn right into Triangle carpark at Ironbark Flat, where our guides will meet your buses.
- Yes. All equipment provided.
- If you would like to organise a NSW National Parks school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire now' link for the online form
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0615
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass