School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Thredbo-Perisher area
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Come on a WilderQuest WildThings excursion to explore the forest and alpine grasslands. Designed for Stage 1 students and focusing on science and technology, investigate the living world in this part of Kosciuszko National Park, home to amazing plants and animals.
Read more about WilderQuest WildThings
We will use our senses to explore the environment and find some places where animals have everything they need to survive. Students will work scientifically with hands on activities to investigate bugs and learn about animal habitats.
Students will immerse themselves through nature play and discovery to enrich their understanding of the diversity and relationships that thrive in our protected areas.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Thredbo-Perisher area
- Medium. Guided walk and activities along a bush track. Activities amongst leaf litter and in a grassed area.
- $340 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre
- If you would like to organise a NSW National Parks school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire now' link for the online form
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass