School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Glenrock State Conservation Area
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Come on a WilderQuest WildThings excursion to explore Yuelarbah walking track. Designed for Stage 1 (Years 1-2) students and focusing on science and technology, investigate the living world this beautiful part of Glenrock State Conservation Area, home to amazing plants and animals.
Read more about WilderQuest WildThings
We will use our senses to explore the environment and find some places where animals have everything they need to survive. Students will work scientifically with hands on activities to investigate bugs and learn about animal habitats.
Students will immerse themselves through nature play and discovery to enrich their understanding of the diversity and relationships that thrive within our protected areas.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Yuelarbah walking track, Glenrock State Conservation Area
- Medium. Guided walk along a partly sealed wheelchair friendly walking path. Activities amongst leaf litter and on a flat rock shelf beside a small stream.
$300 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Yuelarbah carpark on Burwood Road, Kahibah
- If you would like to organise a NSW National Parks school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire now' link for the online form
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.