School excursionSpecial Offer
Sensing the rainforest
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), HSIE, Iluka Nature Reserve
Sensing the rainforest is a Stage 1 (Years 1–2) school excursion in Iluka Nature Reserve, focusing on HSIE Geography outcomes. Ranger-guided activities encourage students to experience the rainforest environment using their senses.
Read more about Sensing the rainforest
If the class is learning about the ‘Features of Places’, exploring the wonders of Iluka Nature Reserve is a great local case study.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
- Weekdays during school terms
- Easy. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels.
- $260 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups with more than 30 students, conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Long Street carpark, at the south end of Iluka Nature Reserve.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.