School excursionSpecial Offer
Sensing the Rainforest
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), HSIE, Dorrigo National Park
Sensing the rainforest is a Stage 1 (Years 1-2) school excursion in Dorrigo National Park, which focuses on HSIE. Students will explore the wonders of Dorrigo Rainforest - observing, listening, touching, smelling and searching to discover this special environment. It is a fun program for all ages, adults included.
Read more about Sensing the Rainforest
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
- Guided. Available on request.
- Dorrigo National Park in North Coast
$260 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - North Coast
- 02 6657 5935
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.