School excursionSpecial Offer
Exploring the rainforest - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), HSIE, Budderoo National Park
Explore the natural features of the beautiful Minnamurra Rainforest in Budderoo National Park on this school excursion for Stage 1 (Years 1-2) students focusing on HSIE. Compare some of the built features and investigate the ways in which people interact with this environment.
Read more about Exploring the rainforest - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
This location offers visitors a rare opportunity to view rainforest that once covered vast areas of the Illawarra region. Minnamurra Rainforest is particularly special because of its diversity of rainforests types, and the range of wildlife that exists within a relatively small area.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 1hr 45min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $300 per group for up to 25 students, $12 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass