School excursionSpecial Offer
Exploring the rainforest: Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Geography, Budderoo National Park
Join us as we explore the natural and human features of the rainforest on this Stage 1 (Years 1-2) geography excursion at Minnamurra Rainforest. Students will go on a rainforest walk and reflect on how people care for this place.
Read more about Exploring the rainforest: Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Students will experience the wonders of the rainforest on a guided rainforest walk in Budderoo National Park. They'll complete sensory activities that allow them to connect with and investigate the environment. Students will develop mapping skills by creating symbols for natural features and a nature map using natural materials.
This excursion has been designed to support the K-10 Features of Places geography syllabus.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
Key inquiry questions:
Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- 2hrs 30min
- Easy. Classroom presentation and guided walk through the rainforest.
Minimum $350 per group for up to 25 students, $14 per student (includes GST)
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass