School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), HSIE, Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Bush art in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is a school excursion for Stage 1 (Years 1-2) students with a focus on HSIE as a KLA. Explore a section of the park with an Aboriginal Discovery ranger and try your hand at some Aboriginal art to take home. All art materials are supplied.
Read more about Bush art
Learn about different types of bush art materials and methods and listen to some Aboriginal stories.
HSIE: Identifying us.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Easy. Guided activities in a suburban national park, on formed and uneven bush walking tracks, and on a grassed picnic area.
$225 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park carpark, off Minmi Rd, Minmi.
- Yes. All art equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.