School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Geography, Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Experience Blue Gum Hills Regional Park through the eyes of an Aboriginal person on this Stage 1 (Years 1-2) Bush art geography excursion. Through first-hand experiences, you'll learn about the culture of the Awabakal People.
Read more about Bush art
Take a walk through the open forest of Blue Gum Hills Regional Park and learn about the importance of this area to Awabakal People. You'll discuss different types of bush art materials and methods, make your own work of art, and listen to Aboriginal Dreamtime stories.
Geography: Identifying us.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays all year.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Easy. Guided activities in a suburban national park, on formed and uneven bush walking tracks, and on a grassed picnic area.
$225 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park carpark, off Minmi Road, Minmi.
- Yes. All art equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4927 3267
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.