School excursionSpecial Offer
Stories of a different time at La Perouse
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), History, La Perouse area
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Stories from a different time is a fascinating Stage 1 (Years 1-2) history excursion at La Perouse. Students will learn about the first contact between the Aboriginal people, traditional custodians of the land, and the new British arrivals.
Read more about Stories of a different time at La Perouse
Historical concepts of past and present are brought to life through a fun dress-up and role-play activity.
Students will share in detailed accounts of James Cook's Endeavour landing in Australia.
They'll learn about famous natural sciences patron Sir Joseph Banks, who collected an abundance of new botanical specimens for study. Banks was also one of the first Europeans to compile a list of Aboriginal words.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
HT1-2. Identifies and describes significant people, events, places and sites in the local community over time
HT1-3. Describes the effects of changing technology on people's lives over time
HT1-4. Demonstrates skills of historical inquiry and communication
Weekdays during school term
- Guided. Available on request.
- La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- 1hr 30min
- Easy. Guided tour and activities along an unsealed walking path including a board walk, grassed area and stairs.
$16 per student. Minimum of 20 students. GST included.
- Meeting point
- Bare Island gate. La Perouse is located at the northern headland of Kamay Botany Bay National Park. You can't access it through the southern end of the park at Kurnell.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney Harbour
- 02 9668 2006
- 02 9337 7012
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March.
7am–7.30pm April to October.
La Perouse park entry gate closed to vehicles between 7pm and 5am all year.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass