School excursionSpecial Offer
Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten), HSIE, Tumut area
Aboriginal stories is a school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park for Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten) students which focuses on HSIE. The Wiradjuri, Wolgalu and Ngunawal People, along with the NSW National Parks Aboriginal Discovery program, deliver experiences to build understanding and appreciation for their culture.
Read more about Aboriginal stories
Sensory and hands-on activities let students explore and learn by doing. They'll make fundamental links between Dreaming stories, land and country and languages.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten)|
GEe-1. Identifies places and develops an understanding of the importance of places to people.
GEe-2. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools.
HTe-1. Communicates stories of their own family heritage and the heritage of others.
Weekdays all year.
Guided. Available on request.
Subject to staff availability.
Aboriginal rangers from Kosciuszko National Park are also available to come to your school. Please phone (02) 9995 5142 for further details on in-school visits.
- Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- 3-5 hr
- Easy. Discovery ranger guided walk and activities on bush tracks and in the amphitheatre.
$275 per group for a half day (3 hours), $375 per group for a full day (5 hours). Prices include GST. Maximum 25 students per group. For groups over 25 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Birrimal Waga Amphitheatre, Sydney Street, Tumut.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Tumut
- 02 6947 7025
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass