Woolshed Flat campground
Turon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Woolshed Flat campground.
Getting there and parking
Woolshed Flat campground is in Turon National Park. To get there:
- Take Mudgee Road from Lithgow and drive about 40km through Capertee
- Turn left into Lochader Road, just north of Capertee
- Follow the signs to Turon National Park
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Park is usually available next to the river on a large grassy flat.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Turon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler days make it a good time to enjoy the more active adventures in the park – such as remote bushwalking or mountain biking. Or take a tour from the comfort of your 4WD.
Thanks to bird migrations in the area, this is a fantastic time for keen birdwatchers to visit and see many interesting species. The mild weather also makes it a perfect time for camping with the kids.
Enjoy camping in the summer and cool off by paddling, swimming, fishing or canoeing on the river when the days are hot.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
7°C and 26°C
-1°C and 10°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available at this campground
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.